The Cancer Association of Namibia launched the 1st Annual RadioWave & CAN Walk for Life National Cancer Walk of Namibia.
The event takes place on Saturday, 3 September in Windhoek, Rehoboth, Swakopmund, Lüderitz and Walvis Bay.
All participants taking part in the walk will receive a medallion of completion to signify their support in the fight against cancer.
The National Cancer Walk funds are earmarked for the CHICA (Children Fighting Cancer in Namibia) Fund.
The social media hashtag #canwalk4life will guide followers online about ticketing and activities, while the Cancer Association and representatives can be contacted for more information at 061 237740 or [email protected]
Entry fees are N$75 per person and N$50 per learner entering as a school.
• Windhoek: Cancer Association (061 237740). Late registrations at the DTS Sport Grounds on 3 September as from 07:00.
• Swakopmund: OTB Swakopmund. Contact Reinette Koegelenberg (081 124 0305) or Anita Korf (081 127 3782). Late registrations at the Mole on 3 September as from 07:30.
• Walvis Bay: Zaskia Weber (081 244 6943) or Zeta Van Wyk (081 308 7918). Late registrations at the Atlantis Sport Club on 3 September as from 07:00.
• Lüderitz: Elize du Toit (081 081 275 3013).
• Rehoboth: Torch Centre (081 477 3330). Late registrations at the B1 Service Station on 3 September as from 07:00.